Tips to cut down on false alarms in West Bloomfield
False alarms are a real concern for your home’s security. They not only decrease the confidence you have in your installation, but they might even be costly and time-consuming. Thankfully, you are able to do a number of things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your West Bloomfield security system.
First, make sure that your devices installed correctly. This process may seem like common sense, but it’s often the case that basic user errors trigger false alarms. Next, watch out for potential culprits of false alarms, including windows and doors that might be kept ajar inadvertently. And of course, you should try to incorporate the extra features like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in West Bloomfield.
Is it really that simple? Read on and find out.
Many false alarms in West Bloomfield could be averted
Just like you would address any problem, the best course of action is to review the guidebook. Be certain that all devices are installed properly from your end by:
- Running a system analysis with your touchscreen smart hub.
- Visually evaluate each component to make sure it didn't slip or need a new battery.
- Inspect your schedules and presets to make sure that your alarms aren’t arming at inopportune times.
- Be certain that all integrated smart components are configured in the proper fashion and aren't conflicting with your system.
Reach out to your Vivint specialist if you are still having problems cutting down false alarms in your West Bloomfield system. They'll be happy to dispatch a tehnician to check your equipment.
Inspect your doors and windows
In the event your system checks out OK, the ensuing step is to do an investigation of the house. Are all your doors and widows shut tight, or are any accidentally cracked? If an entry point stays unlatched, it might trigger a motion sensor. In the event your clan consistently forgets to shut an entrance, you can install a smart locking system that secures automatically when the alarm is activated. Sadly, windows take extra physical effort, especially if you have a family member who prefers to rest with a cracked window. Luckily, your Vivint alarm system makes it easy to disengage that device while protecting the remainder of the property.
Home automation is a great technique to cut down on false alarms in West Bloomfield
One of the smartest ways to reduce the likelihood of false alarms is to incorporate automation into your alarm system. When utilizing your Vivint app, you can:
- Program a schedule to disengage the alarm when you’re on site and avert false alarms that result from absentmindedly unlocking a door or window. You can then program the alarm to automatically engage again after dark when you’re asleep.
- Set your home security to disengage whenever your smart lock is activated with the right number combination.
- Utilize geotracking to arm your system as you exit the property, then disengage when you arrive home for the day.
- Receive cell phone notifications when your components notice uncommon activity or need a battery change.
- Pair your equipment to Alexa or Google Home, so you can operate your system without the cell phone app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in West Bloomfield by switching to a Vivint smart home system
Greater control over your property’s security equates to fewer chances of false alarms. To customize your Vivint security package, call (248) 963-1801 or send in the form on this page.