Leading safety tips for new homeowners in West Bloomfield
If you just bought your first home or you’re nearing the closing date, congratulations! It’s a thrilling time for your family. You might be considering all the ways you might personalize your house with paint, furnishings, and decor. But, before you get too far, make certain you give thought to home security as well. Keeping your loved ones safeguarded should always be a primary emphasis, and we’ll show you how with these safety tips for new homeowners in West Bloomfield.
Complete a safety review of your new West Bloomfield property
Now that safety is front and center, find out what your new home has in place. First, make sure you have functioning smoke detectors. Try every one and replace batteries if necessary. Are CO detectors present? Do you need a water sensor in the cellar? This is also a perfect time to upgrade door locks and investigate all locking mechanisms on windows. Go through every space and get to know your new home.
Smart security tips for your West Bloomfield home
Once you’ve done your preliminary check of safety devices and locking systems, you can think about elevating your protection. To get started, consider these security tips for your home in West Bloomfield.
- Invest in a new home security system. One of the smartest things a new homeowner in West Bloomfield can do is integrate a home security system. The latest in wireless technology lets you keep an eye on your property even when you’re at the office or on vacation. You can scan up-to-the-second video footage, operate door locks, and even speak with guests at your door directly from your smartphone. You can customize with amazing security implements like video cameras and monitored safety alarms.
- Modernize your outside lighting. Exterior lights with motion detectors are a great approach in deterring possible intruders. You may even incorporate them with outdoor cameras. When a motion detector is triggered, it can signal your video equipment to start recording.
- Maintain your yard. Do you have an unobstructed sightline of your property from the interior? Are there overgrown trees and bushes impeeding the view? Remove potential hiding spots for prowlers by keeping your yard neat and tidy. Your neighbors will be appreciative of it too.
- Meet others on your street. Speaking of your neighbors, get acquainted with them. If you are friends with people around you, there’s a greater probability they’ll let you know if they see anything suspicious. You can also connect to your area’s social media page if one is established.
- Benefit from home automation. If you opt for an innovative smart home, you can make it look like you’re on site by activating smart lights at programmed times. This is a great option when you’re at work or on vacation.