How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your West Bloomfield smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your home security system as it connects your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into a united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in total charge of your West Bloomfield home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of what it can do and find suggestions to get you started.
What can you do with the Vivint Smart Hub in West Bloomfield?
Wirelessly connecting to components via radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your home. You may disarm or arm your system, control lights, set the temperature, and more. If incorporating a doorbell camera, you may even chat with whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub has a backup battery and built-in cellular connectivity to ensure reliable performance. It also provides complete remote operation with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Review current or recorded video from all linked cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your smart thermostat settings
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in West Bloomfield by setting schedules or creating preferences. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat adjust automatically nightly at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your front door unlock when the fire alarm triggers.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s easy - just follow these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will be inside your home and arms everything except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be leaving, and each sensor in the home will engage.
- To disarm, simply swipe down on the shield icon and type in your PIN.
The main screen will post a message if the system isn’t ready to arm. For example, an open door will cue you to act. It’s worth noting that you may still arm the system by adhering to the instructions above. You will then have to verify that you want to bypass the sensor in question.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in West Bloomfield
Although many users can be set up when your system is installed, you will likely want to add or remove a user in the future. Here’s how to do it.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right-hand side of the home screen.
- Press “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” type in the new user, and press the Next button.
- If you would like to give the user remote functionality, choose phone or email and submit the info to deliver an invitation.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for this new user.
- To delete a user, simply navigate to the menu, press users, pick the user you want to delete, and then tap “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s security and automation with an easy-to-operate touchscreen interface? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new West Bloomfield home security system. Contact (248) 963-1801 to get started.