Daily deliveries have become standard for numerous residents thanks to the rise of online shopping. You love the convenience of having packages left at your door, but there is a downside. Those packages sitting in the open are temptations to potential burglars. Porch piracy is a real problem, but you are able to protect yourself from it by installing a home security system with a doorbell doorbell. These devices are great tools to combat porch pirates, but they do so much more.
Take a minute to see how they work and why they’ll likely be a crucial part of your smart home.
Benefits of a West Bloomfield video doorbell
Available in wireless and wired options, video doorbells offer a great number of innovative features, and the technology continues to progress. You can now implement detection zones, speak to individuals at your door, and get instant updates whenever a package is delivered.
The easiest way to understand how a West Bloomfield video doorbell camera works is to delve into the numerous perks it offers. Take a look at these features:
- Active deterrents: You aren’t able to find this on all models, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that take an active role in discouraging burglary with visual and audible warnings. This is a fantastic way to let porch pirates know someone is watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You deserve to see the whole picture, and that consists of the faces of visitors on your porch and items on the walkway below. Options with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision offer a comprehensive perspective.
- Vivid images no matter the hour: If you don’t have good picture quality, what’s the benefit of installing a doorbell camera? Top models will include incredible high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Delivery alerts: Would you like to be informed when a package arrives? You are able to get instant alerts from video doorbells that can tell the difference between people and packages.
- Talk to whoever’s at your door: Is a person standing at your door? Two-way audio allows you to inquire about their purpose for being there. You can even use this beneficial feature to frighten off people lurking around your porch.
- Prevent false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even allow you to configure your own detection zones. Restricting the viewing area will allow you to reduce false alarms caused by pedestrians or pets.
- Easy access to footage: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home gives you the chance to view real-time and archived video right from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like you’ve never been before, as you may access them directly from your mobile device, no matter where you are. They’ll notify you when someone arrives, give you a sightline into what’s going on, and even let you speak with whoever’s at your door. These components have turned into must-haves in terms of protection and convenience.